I woke up this morning with a migraine. Not sure why – possibly consumption of trigger foods, possibly just incipient Weather. I stumbled out of bed to take some meds, and the nausea is only settling down enough now to get some food on top of them. Hopefully I’ve gotten to it early enough that it won’t become crippling.
As a result, I am feeling pretty cranky about life. And so I make an effort to cheer myself up and list things that are making me happy right now:
- There is a flock of Australian Ravens that have taken residence here, to the point where I can see one almost every time I look out the window. Just glanced up now and saw one wandering across the neighbour’s roof. I cannot express how much I love these birds. We also have Willie Wagtails nesting somewhere in the garden again.
- I am so incredibly amazed by the person that my son is becoming. I cannot believe sometimes that my husband and I made this little boy, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to have him (and to have the support I need to be able to be a parent).
- Never. I feel like I am learning so much as a writer these last few years, and I really think I’m going to be able to make this book good.
- My writing group. We are diminished by one member at present, due to complications in her life, but we are still going. They feed my soul and I am constantly astonished by how amazing they are as writers and people.
- My health, which is slowly improving, migraine be damned.
- Having found a massage therapist who is incredibly gifted at dealing with and easing the pain of fibromyalgia.
I could actually go on for a long time. Huh, six months ago I probably would have struggled to list even two things. Take that, depression!