- I made the decision partway through this month to stop writing every day, after having written daily for over a year. I was feeling burned out and utterly exhausted, and wanted my weekends back. I’m not making any commitments to keeping this writing pattern permanently, but for now, it’s a relief to have the weekends for myself and my family.
- I am a squeak away from reaching 80k on this draft of Never. I’m basically totally redrafting the last third, so it’s slower and harder going than the first two thirds. I’m at the point where I’m looking forward to this draft being done. Mostly so I can start editing it.
Reading and Reviewing
- I voted in the Hugos. Which translates mostly as slapping No Award on most of the categories. I’m looking forward to seeing the stats after the winners are announced, though I anticipate anger at the good works which got pushed off the ballot.
- One review written for the Australian Women Writers Challenge: Insert Title Here, edited by Tehani Wessley.
- One Netgalley review: Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson.
- This has been a hard month health-wise, with many arthritis flares, as usual for me in winter. I’m coping, but the constant pain equals a lot of exhaustion.