Thinking today about goals for the new year (and also, how the hell did it get to be 2013??).
I’m not usually one for resolutions. Most people end up making them too vague (like: Eat better, get fit, get thin) or just chucking them all after a week.
I would like to make some goals for writing and reading this year, however. And so, ten goals:
1. Write up my full story bible for The Crossing trilogy (books currently entitled Shaede, Daemon and Fae).
2. Fully outline Shaede.
3. Outline Daemon and Fae – at least a skeleton outline, but preferably full outlines worked out.
4. Draft Shaede, deliver to beta readers, and redraft to get a stage where it is ready for submission.
5. Outline Wintersun.
6. Either write a first draft of Wintersun or a second draft of Never (after getting feedback from beta readers.)
7. Write and submit at least one piece of short fiction.
8. Track my writing progress every day. Aim for 1k per day, but any progress is a positive.
9. Keep tracking reading in Goodreads. No goal for numbers of books read. Add short reviews for everything finished.
10. Return to the much-neglected Her Words and Worlds project by reading through the work of Angela Slatter. Choose future
Leave a Reply